Wednesday, July 19, 2006

The Ferry Journey, and Bruges


bye bye scotland!!!


My shadow on the ferry deck as the journey begins.


So I got to my ferry that would take me in 17 hours from Rosyth in Scotland to Zeeburgge, in Belgium. It was actually surprisingly lush, with a Sauna, Jaccuzzi and the rest of it. I brought my own food saving some extra cash from the extortionate ferry prices, and met some lads on their way to France. Managed to sleep UNDER my seat, curled up in a small ball until morning, where we arrived in Zeeburgge and I made my way to Bruges.


broody looking Andy who I met on the ferry, thought he'd make a nice subject for portrait pics.


Once in Bruges, I found a hostel and ditched my bags, then began the sightseeing. Its such a beautiful place, full of cobbled streets and ancient buildings, and more chocolate shops than I've ever imagined.
The main square.. great to sit and peoplewatch!



The "little venice" part with canals..



how cool would it be to live there!


Compulsory Cheesy Tourist Shot



Sexual Chocolate!!

I started to crave food after a day of walking around all the sights, so I headed straight to somewhere that did belgium waffles.. WOAH- SOOOOOOO TASTY!!! they were gorgeous. Then, in true backwards style, i went to have dinner! I decided to go for the cultural experience, so, i had..


"flemish stew"
It was delicious.. ate it all up!

After walking all day I was shattered, so back to the hostel to chill out for the night. Met a few spanish girls and americans in my dorm, just hung out chatting, and sorted myself out for the next day's trip into Brussels.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home