Thursday, November 30, 2006

Rainbow Beach and Fraser Island

That night I went to my room getting ready to cook something spanishy and met my two new bunkmates, who were Swedish professional hockey players, one who played for Italy the other for England. I kept thinking of my old flatmate, who probably would have paid good money to be where I was, since she has a huge thing for hockey guys.
Anyways, the swedes were funny and offered to go out to eat, but since I already had bought food I cooked for them tomatoes stuffed in tuna. No complaints, so yay!
Next day I woke up bright and early to get on my day trek to Fraser Island.

The first thing we bumped into was a turtle who had beached itself to die.. sad really..

We saw the ship wreck














((our bus))


The coloured sands (supposedly)


the beautiful 75 mile beach,

the lake Mackenzie that looked like something out of a perfect postcard.


me and my legs!



some more pedo narcissism.


my beloved travel companion..












We also wandered through the calming rainforest in the interior of the island..


Back from Fraser and I bumped into the Hungarian who i had been sharing a bunkhouse with, and he asked if I'd cook him something hungarian. So he and the welshman (also sharing bunkhouse) sat down to the bar while I prepared hungarian chicken in paprika with Spetzle. [[anyone who's had my cooking will know exactly what I'm talking about]]. I didnt get a chance to eat with them, i just cooked for them and ran off to catch my bus to Airlie Beach (overnight). But they were so greatful, and the hungarian looked so pleased to have found a halfbreed in the middle of Oz who knew how to cook the homefood. What was amusing was unbeknownst to me while I was cooking I was being watched and eventually was approached by a man who owns a restaurant. He gave me his card and told me if I stuck around rainbow beach for longer to come and work for him.

Haha. He didnt even taste what I was making and offered me a job. How amusing these aussies are.

Anyways. Overnight to Airlie beach wasnt fun, but liveable aside from the back pains from sleeping on a bus. But now i'm waiting for my sailing adventure to take off, so I'll be incomunicado for the next few days. I have to get my rabies jab when I get back because I was meant to have it today, but surprise surprise, no pharmacy has it in stock.
Sucks.

Lets hope i dont get stung by a jellyfish. I did get stung in Mozambique. And considering my trackrecord with mosquitos eating me to death, monkeys biting me, pigs charging at me and lord knows what else, I think i'll play it safers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home