Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Firenze

So I got on a train to Florence and met a girl called Laura, who studied in Bologna for a year but is originally from the San Francisco Area. She put together a biking tour of tuscany for american kids, and now it looks like im joining in! Its a bit pricy, but theres wine tastings, cooking courses, nights spent in monastaries, and biking through tuscany, Hurrah!

Anyone who knows me well knows that Florence is my favourite city in the world. I plan on retiring and having my vineyard in tuscany, with easy access to florence. Always.

Im here now. Third time in as many years. Last time i was here was with Joe for a couple days, Im only here a couple days again, so I hope to make the most of it.

Today I just settled into my hostel, which is surprisingly awesome.. I was supposed to be in a three bed dorm, but they put me in a double room, where Im the only person staying, so I have it to myself. The internet is free (hence the mass updates) and I have a fridge in my room so Ill be eating budget, hurrah! Not to mention Im hearing live jazz through the open window in the computer room.

I wandered around the Mercato di San Lorenzo, near the duomo, because I love it, its my favourite market, full of leather, books, and so many other curiosities, with people shouting at you to buy things at "especial pric'e" (pronounced like so).

Tomorrow Im going to la galeria della accademia to see Michelangelos David for the third time.. I love that statue, and the unfinished slaves are there as well. Then Im going to wander the Ponte Vecchio, and get lost somewhere and eat Gelati..

La vita e bella qui, como me piache la italia!

seriously, if you ever cant find me, look for me in Italy.

2 Comments:

At 12:20 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a completely random person who saw your blog on Livejournal. I just wanted to let you know I'm having a great time reading about your trip! We were in Florence about two weeks ago and loved it, too! :) Have a great time and travel safely!

 
At 5:27 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home