Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Salzburg

Salzburg was a one day affair, where I ended up making friends with a Korean girl whose name i cannot pronounce, spell, or remember, and she took me to the hostel she was staying at. Though we got on the bus in the wrong direction, so it took an hour and 15 minutes as opposed to 15 minutes. Balls.
Anyway, the Hostel was in the back of the church, part of the church really, and was gorgeous. Not cheap, but not the most expensive either.

Dropped my stuff and went exploring..



this is the front of the church I was staying in..



The streets of Salzburg..


Nothing makes me happier than the sight and the smell of a fresh fruit and veg market.
It really is the simple things in life that please. Although I thought this complicated contraption was hillarious. Its like a six man bike!




Austrian dolls anyone?



This is one of the main squares in Salzburg.. I loved the duomo and how unoppulant it was.



And these dudes playing mozart on wierd instruments was the icing on the cake!

I sat down to rest in the Mozart Square (named thus because of the huge mozart statue) and this adorable beautiful little girl was trying to work her camera.. I snuck a picture (naughty, I know) because I loved how she looked.. and this coming from someone who hates kids.



It would appear austrian fashion is either worlds ahead, or behind us..





View from my hostel window.. awesome.


At night I met up with the Korean girl again and we went to the square to watch "La Traviata", there was a festival on so they were showing it on a huge screen. I still prefer the Opera De Paris version I saw with Joe a couple years ago, this was a more modern adaptation, so I didnt cry when Violetta died.. but none'theless, the music was beautiful, and theres something about watching an opera for free in the open air with a bunch of strangers.



The next morning I was up at 530am thanks to the girls in my room, and left at 630am to catch my train to Venice.. Hurrah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home